Re: Simple little basic config questions

> On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 09:08:48PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> >
> > Of course, you could always deinstall xdm :
> > # apt-get --purge remove xdm
>
> apt-get remove --purge xdm

Yes, on second thought, removal might be best, since I'll never use
xdm, and with a new install, this is a good time to clean house before
I fill it with new furniture.

For example, I'm now running postfix, but exim seems to be around as
a result of basic installation. The apt-get remove --purge command I
understand will remove exim's configuration files as well. I hope it
would not abuse any files that postfix needs. I guess the aptitude
equivalent would simply be # aptitude purge <packagename>.

Haines