Re: Simple little basic config questions

As for setting up basic bash configuration, a little experimentation
shows that this is what I've got (debian 3.0r1).

Root has both .bashrc and .profile, and the configuations (custom bash
prompt and setterm) can go in either place. User has a .bashrc and
.bash_profile (there's no .profile), and the configuration must go
into the latter. It does not work for me if put into .bashrc.

Thanks for alerting me to this difference.

Haines