Re: Spamassassin Configuration

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:24:26 -0500, Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 01:11:27PM -0400, ScruLoose wrote:
> > As others have noted, virus traffic is not actually the same as
> > spam-traffic, and you might want a particular tool for each job...
> >
> > That being said, what worked for me was to grab a backport of
> > spamassassin 2.55 for woody from  http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/debian
> > (It's listed in apt-get.org)
> > and then I added these two lines to /etc/spamassassin/local.cf:
> > score   MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE    5
> > score   HTML_RELAYING_FRAME     3
> >
> > That catches most of the annoying virus traffic, and what leaks
> > through I process with sa-learn to educate SA's Bayesian filters.

A probably more effective way to fight virus traffic is to use a tool
like virussnag. It is a well updated recipe that, for me, has
effectively eliminated all viruses without any false-positives or
false-negatives.

http://www.spamless.us/pub/procmail/virussnag.rc

The only problem I am having is that sometimes remote sites strip out
the viruses, but then send me an alert. You can configure SpamAssassin
to get at those.

--
scott c. linnenbringer    |  sl@panix.com
http://www.panix.com/~sl  | sl@moslug.org