Re: Daylight Savings Time and UP-n-P

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 07:43:32PM -0500, Jacob S. wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:14:50 -0700
> Tom <tb.31020.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 05:09:53PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > > Why would anybody want to use UPnP?  Wonderfully insecure...
> >
> > I was hoping the open source community might have done it right.
> > I didn't want to have to mess with  Linksys shitty HTML management :-)
>
> But are you sure you need UPnP to allow your games to go through the
> Linksys FW?
>
> If you don't, disable the UPnP and it won't cause you any more problems.
> http://grc.com/unpnp/unpnp.htm :-)

Oh, don't get me wrong -- I don't need it for games and I disable it,
and a lot that you probably don't.  (Netmeeting uses it).  I usually
just plug right into the internet if I want to use it, but sometimes in
a work environment it's best not to rock the boat.

I bet I'm the only one on this list who's ever had read-only access to
the Whistler tree.  (I bet some vendors see quite a bit, and you really
can learn it all with Inside Windows 2000 and the kernel debugger.)