Re: Insidious Spam/swen/Garbage

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 01:20:56AM +0100, Brian Potkin wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 01:14:38AM +0200, David Jardine wrote:
>
> > It is beyond my capability (but only slightly, I feel, and it
> > should be very easy for lots of people here) to produce a sort of
> > interactive fetchmail that reads the headers of each message on
> > the server, presents them to you and asks if you want to fetch
> > the message or delete it.  This is what I would like to have.
>
> 1. apt-get install popcheck.
>
> 2. Add the following line to your ~/.fetchmailrc:
>    preconnect popcheck "-s pop3server -u pop3user -p pop3password"
>
> 3. Run fetchmail.
>
> 4. Use 'Q', 'S' or 'D' as appropriate.
>
> Not tested extensively but it works, is interactive and gives you the
> From: header, the subject line and size of the email.

Thanks a lot.  I've actually only tested it non-interactive mode,
ie you can download that info into a local file, remove the lines
referring to messages you want to keep, then run it again in
"delete" mode.  It seemed to find some sort of mismatch when it
went back to delete on one occasion, but it didn't do any damage.
Now to try it in interactive mode...

Thanks again.