What is the root-n in my root??

Dear all,

before submitting this request of help I have been looking around quite a while in my system and in the user groups without success.

My problem is the following, I run a Debian system aligned with the latest testing distribution and kernel 2.4.22. Since few months I noticed a file

-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            0 Aug 24 01:19 root-n

that continued to be re-created in my root directory at startup

Since I don't think to have some kind of intruders in my system (what intruder is so silly to leave such a blatant trace behind?) I think that there must be some installed package that:

1) needs to be configured - I checked the /etc directory without success.

2) has something going wrong - but everything seems to work fine.

Can anybody help??

Thank you in advance.

Marco