Re: Problem Maintaining Subscription

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 18:28:01 +0100, Pigeon wrote:
> They use exim 4.10... anyone got an exim.conf rule for 4.10 to block swen
> at SMTP time, so I can send them a prepackaged solution - "Read this line,
> you can see it's not malignant, stick it in your exim.conf and make lots
> of people very happy" - so they have no excuse? :-)

I block viruses at SMTP time using exim, by scanning with clamav. I'm not
sure you can do so with stock exim though - I rely on the exiscan-acl patch
from http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/ as included in Debian's
exim-daemon-heavy package.

You may want to point your ISP to the materials at http://marc.merlins.org/
("linux" -> "exim") which include a very thorough exim.conf which is
well-documented.

HTH,
Ray
--
Pinky, Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
I think so Brain, but who wants to see Snow White and the Seven Samuri?