Re: [OT] Grammar (WAS: Re: allowing a "normal" user to work efficiently)

David Jardine wrote:
On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 09:45:09AM -0400, Roberto Sanchez wrote:

kmark@pipeline.com wrote:

MS windows is 'friendly' to users and virii and cracker alike out of the
box. Us *nix folks like to keep our data a bit safer.

Not trying to start a flame-fest here, but the correct plural form of
virus is viruses.  I know that as GNU/Linux users this viruses are

Not trying to start a flame-fest here, but the correct plural form of
this is these ;)

True.  I originally typed the sentence as "I know that as GNU/Linux
users this is ...."  Then I realized that the pronoun reference of
"this" was "flame-fest" (the subject of the previous sentence).  In my
haste to correct it to the less ambiguous viruses, I forgot to change
"this" to "these."  Good catch.

Of course, I also spelled grammar as grammer in the original subject
(I fixed it in this reply).  But spelling is a different topic
altogether.

-Roberto