Re: anti-spam idea for this list

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 01:01:12PM -0400, Alfredo Valles wrote:
> On Monday 20 October 2003 12:23 pm, John Hasler wrote:
> > > Would it be too difficult to use fuzzy images of the mail addresses
> > > instead of the text of the addresses itself to prevent programs from
> > > massively collecting address from the web archives of this list?

This actually sounds like a half-way decent idea.

Users of text browsers could click a hyperlink to see the image in a
separate program -- I expect 99.9% of the time, readers of the archives
do not need the email addy.  A little extra work won't kill them.

For the blind, link to a CGI which generates the email as a WAV.