Re: X trouble!

I have the same problem, most likely. At first, it seemed like it was only gtk2/gnome2 apps that didn't work, as I could start xinit manually and run kdesktop, kwin, etc from there. KDM did not work, however. When executing a gnome2 program from the command line, the program would exit without any message.

But then, kde/qt apps stopped working. I also cannot find any error messages in any relevant logs.

It happened after the second archive update today (as far as I can tell). I was in gnome, and noticed I couldn't launch any programs. So I exited, and found that gdm didn't work any longer. It went into X and the cursor changed into the watch, but then X disappeared, and the process repeated until the crash handler came up.

I can get a terminal via xinit, but nothing much works...

david