Re: Installing my own Apache?

Perhaps I should make this a more general question.

My underlying question involves adding and upgrading new software not available in the official distribution. Let's say I want to put the new version of an IM client on my Woody system. Do I compile it from source, do a `make install` and be done with it? Do I build my own package and install it that way?

What do other people usually do when they want to add some external software to their Woody system?

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster [Ballsome.com]

Phone     [+1 662-518-1636]