Cannot use type1 fonts with OpenOffice

Hello,

I'm using OpenOffice 1.1.0 and want to use some fonts
that I have in /usr/local/.../{truetype,type1}. They are
visible with gtkfontsel and gtk2fontsel, and show up in
xlsfonts and fc-list as well, but with OpenOffice I can
only use the TrueType ones. The Type1 ones just doesn't
appear in the list.

However the Helvetica & co. which are also Type1 work
fine. I've moved all the fonts to /usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1,
updated the fonts.dir and fonts.scale files, but in
vain. Any help will be appreciated.

P.S.: Please, CC me in replies.

--
Ernest Adrogué