Re: Searching for an editor...

Carl Fink <carl@fink.to> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 04:26:45PM -0500, Alan Shutko wrote:
>
> [about emacs]
>
> > (And yes, as someone else mentioned, the CVS version cab be built
> > against GTK.  Hopefully, there will be a release someday....)
>
> One could say the same about Debian.

True enough.  But Emacs is _one_ application.  You'd think they could do
better in terms of frequency of release.

A few of us started working on updating MH-E almost two years ago
(hosted at SourceForge and packaged in debian) and it hasn't been
included in a new Emacs release since then.  It's good thing we make our
work availsble separately because otherwise we'd still be the only ones
using it.  :-)

Peter