Re: Knoppix-like install of Debian?

Charles wrote:

Eric Walstad wrote:

Hi All,
I'm a debian newbie that recently tried Knoppix. My "Stable" installation of debian looks pretty old compared to the Knoppix CD I recently tried, at least with KDE and the gui apps. How can I get a similar install of Debian? Do I need to reinstall with Debian "unstable" or "testing?"

I'm not really interested in installing Knoppix, just how to get similar application versions with a Debian installation.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Best regards,

Eric.

Hi Eric.
Upgrade to 'unstable'. In /etc/apt/sources.list, change each occurance of 'woody' to 'unstable.' You do not need a security deb entry.
HTH
Charels

Thou doth entre onto vast waters filled with bugs! BEWARE!!!!

--
John Foster