Re: Network setup

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 at 20:42 GMT, Simon Windsor penned:

> ------=_NextPart_000_00CF_01C395C0.BFEE97D0 Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
>
> Hi
>
> I have relocated a server from within a firewalled environment on a
> 192.168= .0 network, to an external network.
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot get the the server to talk to the network now.
>
> I have edit
>
> /etc/network/interface /etc/networks /etc/hosts
>
> I have stopped and started the network, and checked the settings
> against an= other debian server outside the firewall, and still no
> joy.
>
> FTP, ssh and ping all report
>
> No route to host.
>
> Any ideas ?

Could you show the relevant lines of the files you edited, as well as
the commands that you used to stop and start network services?

Did you run ftp, ssh and ping *from* the server to somewhere else, or
from somewhere else *to* the server?

Have you tried using the IP address instead of the machine name?

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please