Re: HELP - Need a DNS Guru

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 15:13:12 -0500
Todd Pytel <tppytel@sophrosune.org> wrote:

> Hmm... whois tells me that ns1.lightwaveaccess.net is also an
> authoritative nameserver for you. At first, I dug at it and came up
> with the address for ns1.helpfulhome.com successfully. A minute or so
> later, I got a temporary lookup error. So part of it could be that
> your secondary DNS is having issues.
>
> --
> Todd Pytel

Ah... a bit more poking shows that you control lightwaveaccess.net as
well. Whois says that both HH and LWA are nameservers, but dig shows HH
as the sole authority for LWA. I'm not enough of a DNS expert to really
trace through this, but it seems to me that there's way too much
circularity here. At the least, I think you want each domain's NS to
list itself as the primary NS.

--
Todd Pytel

Signature attached