Re: problem with lilo >22.5 and volume IDs

Alexander Onic <vbzdf.11wo.KEINSPAM@gmx.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have problems with lilo 22.5.7-1 on Debian Woody.
> Woody is running and booting from my onboard ide-controller (/dev/hda)
> with kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4.

LILO 22.5.7-1 on Woody?

> My Asus A7V133 also has an onboard Promise-Controller running on
> RAID0, which contain a WinXP system.
>
> When running lilo finds duplicate VolumeIDs, it is on /dev/ataraid/d0
> and /dev/hde which also addresses the first disk from the raid set.
> So it sees the same drive but wants different IDs for them.
>
> I can't let lilo set a new VolumeID because Windows will refuse to
> boot (and ID of both devices will be changed - so it probably won't
> work as well).

I assume you backported this version (22.5.7.2). If you did, please
backport (22.5.8) which have the feature of skip some disks for the
volume ID check, simply by marking them as inaccessible as follows:

       disk=/dev/hde inaccessible

This may skip the volume ID check when running LILO. Again, this is
a new feature of LILO which can only be found on 22.5.8.