Re: Re. CD writer

Thanks to Luc Lefevre, I have been able to read my
kernel configuration file and find that everything is
set as I programmed it.

However, I still cannot get of ide and substitute
scsi.

It was suggested that I had to install the modules.
So, I went to "Linux Kernel Modules Installation
HOWTO" to find out how to install them.

In typical linux fashion the instructions don't work.
The problem is in the following instructions:
cd /etc/rc.d
chmod 755 init.d/*
cd rc3.d
ln -s ../init.d/modules.init 05modules.init

The third line is obviously suspicious. I tried with
cd /rc3.d and was told that it didn't exist. I then
tried /etc/rc3.d , but it did not work either. I
suspect  because of the leading .. .

I am beginning to wonder how anybody ever got CD
writing to work. I had to upgrade my kernel in order
to get my usb printer to work. Therefore going back to
the kernel supplied with the official distribution is
not an option. I must have printing; I can do most of
my CD burning with Windows if I must.

=== message truncated ===