can't upgrade/re-install pkgs

If you reply to this please cc me thanks.

Maybe there's a better way to do this? I'm trying to get my system
working right (Debian3.0 w/k7 kernel) There are some packages and
modules that don't work i.e alsa or sound, the screensaver module can't
be loaded,and others. So I ran /usr/sbin/base-config
I get to this point in the process after the base-config has scanned
the cdrom where it no longer seems to recognize the cdrom. That is it
did and then it doesn't. And even though My internet connection is up it
now won't connect to debian for security upgrades either. I did start
the security upgreade process once and it worked then.. Any ideas on this?
Here is ismod results ( I have hdd=ide-scsi in my grub boot menu perhaps
that's not correct for debian?)

And why can't I copy and paste from kword to mozilla in Debian?!

deblnx:/home/john# lsmod
isofs                  24864   0  (autoclean)
printer                 5696   0
ac97                    3024   0  (unused)
ide-tape               49600   0
agpgart                30688   0  (unused)
keybdev                 1696   0  (unused)
usbkbd                  2944   0  (unused)
input                   3424   0  [keybdev usbkbd]
rtc                     5592   0  (autoclean)
usb-uhci               21508   0  (unused)
usbcore                49696   1  [printer usbkbd usb-uhci]
ide-scsi                7680   0
scsi_mod               86328   1  [ide-scsi]
parport_pc             22280   1  (autoclean)
lp                      6496   0  (autoclean)
parport                23360   1  (autoclean) [parport_pc lp]
unix                   13636  78  (autoclean)
ide-disk                6816   2  (autoclean)
ide-probe-mod           8096   0  (autoclean)
ide-mod               131404   2  (autoclean) [ide-tape ide-scsi
ide-disk ide-probe-mod]
ext3                   57248   1  (autoclean)
jbd                    35640   1  (autoclean) [ext3]
deblnx:/home/john#

Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main kdelibs3
4:2.2.2-13.woody.8
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main ark 4:2.2.2-9.2
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main libarts
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main libkmid
4:2.2.2-13.woody.8
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main noatun 4:2.2.2-8.2
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main libarts-mpeglib
4:2.2.2-8.2
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main artsbuilder 4:2.2.2-8.2
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main mpeglib 4:2.2.2-8.2
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main balsa 1.2.4-2.2
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main libcupsys2 1.1.14-5
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Media Change: Please insert the disc labeled 'debian 3.0 dvd' in the
drive '/cdrom/' and press enter

Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main cupsys-pstoraster
1.1.14-5
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main cupsys 1.1.14-5
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main cvs 1.11.1p1debian-8.1
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main fetchmail 5.9.11-6.2
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main fetchmail-common
5.9.11-6.2
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main glibc-doc 2.2.5-11.5
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main gs-common 0.3.3.0woody1
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main idle-python2.1 2.1.3-3.2
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main idle 2.1.3-3.2
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main kab 4:2.2.2-9.2
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main karm 4:2.2.2-9.2
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main xutils 4.1.0-16woody1
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main xfonts-base
4.1.0-16woody1
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Err http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main konsole 4:2.2.2-14.7
  Something wicked happened resolving 'security.debian.org:http' (-3)
Media Change: Please insert the disc labeled 'debian 3.0 dvd'
in the drive '/cdrom/' and press enter

the installer doesn't see the media, even though it did earlier in the
process.

***Protect your PC from local E-Mail Application security holes***
***Maintain your Privacy - MS Passport Free***
***Anti SPAM "Whitelist" feature***

http://www.x-mail.net Web Based E-Mail, accessible anywhere

Voice Messages, Voice Calls (VoIP), Video Conferencing, Live Chat,
X-Mail Messenger, Personal Web Hosting, 128 bit SSL Secure,
Calendar, Bookmarks, Forwarding, Virtual Mail Map Aliasing

X-Mail Premium: 20MB Messages, 100MB Storage, SMTP, POP3, Ad Free
Anonymous Web Surfing http://www.snoopblocker.com
Search http://www.teradex.com