Re: reverting to ext2 (Was: Re: How to kill X?)

Monique Y. Herman wrote:
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 at 22:49 GMT, Roberto Sanchez penned:

If you have and ext3 that you want to revert to ext2, you can just:

tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/hdXX

-Roberto

Out of curiosity, why would one want to do this?

Also, you can always mount an ext3 drive as ext2 just by specifying the
type.  In fact, I think mount will autodetect ext3 as ext2 -- you have
to explicitly ask for ext3-mounting.

Right.  But, the OP said something about sticking with ext2 instead of
ext3.  I assumed that he already had an ext3 drive that he wanted to
make ext2.

-Roberto