Re: Samba 3 on stable

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 13:11:52 -0700
Curtis Vaughan <curtis@npc-usa.com> wrote:

> Has anyone installed Samba 3 (final) from untesting on a stable version
> of Debian?  Any concerns I should be aware of before giving it a try?
>
> Curtis
>

> --

Hi

Well I'm using it with sid and it works...just one thing i noticed when upgradeding .... at some alpha/beta version (I don't remeber which one) they added the feature for users to be forced to change the password periodically and it is acitivated by default (at least in the unstable packages....)...I haven't chacked though if this is true for the finay release..espacially with the standard version...
This can be anoying if you do not notice it since at home the users use an automatic login (not very secure - I know) and so they did not see any dialog box that told them to do so....otherwise it seems to work fine for me (I only have 2 users with this server and 99.9% of the work for the server is only printing...)

yours
Albert

--
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>