Re: How to secure access to WLAN?

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 03:57, Mariano Kamp wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   a couple of words about my boxes set up at home. I have one box, rock,
> connected to a dsl-router on one interface, outside interface, and the
> remaining
> boxes on another interface, inside interface. On rock I use
> shorewall/iptables for NAT and blocking all incoming tcp/ip connections. So
> far so safe, I
> believe.
>
>   (Un)fortunately I also have a wlan access point plugged on to the inside
> interface. I am currently using WEP128 with shared keys on a netgear 802.11/g
> access point to encrypt the traffic.

Hi,

I have a similar set up and am thinking of just using ssh port
forwarding and squid/cyrus to give web/imap access to computers on the
wireless side. Unfortunately I don't yet have a wired box, just the
wirelss router/adsl modem.

It's a pain in the neck and I am just hoping that I don't have any
problems till then.

Joe