Re: Atapi Zip detection woes!

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 04:08:21PM +0200, Joachim Fahnenmueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> AFAIK, there are 2 versions of ZIP drives, either connected to the
> parallel port or to an SCSI controller. Which one do you have?
>
> You need the following modules (you may have to recompile your kernel):
> scsi_mod, sd_mod;
> parallel port version only: imm, ide-scsi;
> SCSI version: the correct driver for your SCSI card.

If it is an ATAPI zip drive, I believe the correct module is the
ide-floppy module.  If parallel or SCSI, see above.  I don't even
remember what modules my USB zip drive used (before I had to put it
down) but it was something like USB mass storage or the like.

--
     "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation; for when
      he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which

Nathan J. Malmberg <malmberg2.5@insightbb.com>  GNUPG ID: 8A9B426E
The attachment is a digital signature.  Get my key at wwwkeys.pgp.net.