Graphing/Charting software

Hey all

Does anyone know of good graphing software that won't crash with huge
amounts of data? All I need is a nice x-y plot graph, but I have over a
million points. Excel has many limitations, as it turns out -- which I
managed to get around, but not the graph preview pane, which is horribly
slow. Don't even ask about Quattro Pro, Gnumeric or StarOffice... *shudder*.

What'd be nice is just a simple text-based program that outputs a nice
postscript-type graph. Does such a program exist? And if so, does it do
anything close to what I need?

Thanks in advance