Re: Testing user-list

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 01:55:28AM +1000, Pascal Hakim wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 07:38:34AM -0800, J Y wrote:
> > Hi, I don't seem to be getting messages from the users list. Sorry about
> > adding to the traffic. I don't understand this list problem. My inbox
> > has about 80 messages in it. (It can hold probably 500) I am using
> > online email. Why I am getting repeatedly dropped/bounced from the
> > list-if indeed I have been this time-I just don't know. JY
>
> 'lo,
> 	Most mailbox have a size measures in space taken, rather
> than just by the number of emails. You're probably getting too
> many viruses or large attachments which are eating up all your
> disk quota. When legitimate mail then comes in, there's no room
> for it, and it gets bounced.

And now that your ppp connection is working :-) you can look back at
the threads discussing the various solutions to this. I'm currently
using a modified version of Ron Johnson's python script backed up by
mailfilter, run as a preconnect script to fetchmail, and it's
effective at nuking virus traffic large and small.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons