Re: Exim4, Clamav, SA-Exim, (was Re: SWEN isn't slowing down)

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:05:43 +0200
Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil@kjernsmo.net> wrote:
> Yeah, that's one option. I considered it, but the problem is, if you
> feed the learner with tons of similar viruses, how good will it be to
> kill spam...? Also, if you feed those to Vipul's Razor, what would it
> mean for Razor....?

    People are already feeding it to Razor.

> With those considerations, I have opted to kill viruses first, then let
> SpamAssassin take care of the rest.

    This seems to be the preferred method.

> I've been working hard to get SA-Exim working on the top of this...
> SA-Exim is one of Marc Merlins beautiful hacks, to use SpamAssassin to
> reject spam at SMTP-time. It looks so simple; just install the .deb
> from

    What do you want to do?  exiscan-acl can also query Spamassassin and
reject at SMTP time.  The main reason to go with sa-exim is to get the extra
features it offers.  Those features being saving the message easily,
teergrubing and such.  If you have no need of those features then there's no
need to install sa-exim.

> edit /etc/exim4/spamassassin.conf to enable it, then uncomment one line
> in /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/15_sa-exim_plugin_path rebuild the config
> file, and that, I thought, would do the trick.... But nothing happens.
> It doesn't enter the config file, but there is no error message...

> Before I run along to the sa-exim mailing list, has anybody here got it
> working?

    Yup, what do your logs say?