Re: Help understanding lilo Warning message.

LILO makes a cache of the disks and partitions using /proc/partitions.
The default Debian kernel has been compiled with DEVFS_FS support and
therefore, if you see your /proc/partitions, you will notice that this
filehas a "devfs scheme". Thereby, /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc
does not exist unless you are actually using devfs.

You can ignore this warning as this won't harm your system.