Help understanding lilo Warning message.

I recieved the following warning message from lilo recently.
I am running kernel 2.4.18 from debian package on 686 .
I think I have seen it before, but now I'm concerned that
I really don't understand, and it may be important even tho
system is running fine to my untrained eye.

message:
big:/home/pecondon# lilo
Warning: COMPACT may conflict with LBA32 on some systems
Warning: '/proc/partitions' does not match '/dev' directory structure.
    Name change: '/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc' -> '/dev/hda'
    The kernel was compiled with DEVFS_FS, but 'devfs=mount' was omitted
        as a kernel command-line boot parameter; hence, the '/dev' directory
        structure does not reflect DEVFS_FS device names.
Added Linux *
Skipping /ba1/vmlinuz
Skipping /ba2/vmlinuz
Added Linux4
Added LinuxOLD
big:/home/pecondon# emacs lilo.cmnt.sav
end of message;

What does this mean? What should I do about it? Where can I find
an explanation? HOWTO?

TIA

--
Paul E Condon