[OT] Re: Mplayer eating all CPU

At Sun, 05 Oct 2003 19:39:15 -0400,
Greg Folkert wrote:

> WOW
> On Sat, 2002-10-05 at 18:29, csj wrote:
> > At Sun, 5 Oct 2003 07:55:11 -0700,
> > moseley@hank.org wrote:
> > >
> > > On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 05:18:12PM +1300, Paul William wrote:
>
> Last year... MAN you really were predictive...
>
> Man you've been as far as 10 days in the future when posting
> here... Now You are in the PAST by one year... surprised you
> made the travels and can even post... How'd your computer fare?

Blame it on the cable.  After I dis- and reassembled my box, it
wouldn't boot or beep (though the CPU fan would spin and the CD
drive LED would light up). I traced the problem to a power cable
that wasn't plugged firmly to the power supply -- but not before
I went thru the rigamarole of disconnecting and reconnecting the
hard drive, the monitor, etc, and yes, clearing the CMOS.