Re: Are we on track for a new release in December?

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 05:50:55AM -0400, Antonio Rodr)tonio wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 09:09:02 +0100
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 04:05:41PM +0900, Bengt Thure'e wrote:
> > > Me not beeing an developer I do not quite know if we are on track
> > > for the release in December.
> >
> > It is as yet unclear. I suspect it might slip a bit; on the other hand
> > debian-installer seems to be going quite well.
>
> Don't know about that. Last one I tried (I believe Oct-4) didn't work. I've been testing them for about a month, and they all stop somewhere during installation of base package, complaining about some error in dbootstrap.
> I have to admit that the looks and easiness has improved, tough.

I was successful at apt-get dist-upgrade from woody last week. It took
a while to upgrade on a 56k line, but I'm using it now.

But, I'l be asking some questions on this list about some things that
seem to be different from woody, and seem to me to be inferrior design.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@peakpeak.com