Re: Looking for backup solutions

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:14:47 +0200, Andrea Tasso <andrea@tasso.info> penned:
> I use dar (not tar, dar)
>
> On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 12:48:16PM -0400 or thereabouts, Dan Anderson wrote:
>> I have a 40 GB hard disk I want to back up to CD.  I figure I could run dd
>> but the man page was unintelligible.  Can anyone offer any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> -Dan

Have you read http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/32593.html
?

It suggests that CD-Rs won't last two years as reliable backup.
Depending on the purpose of your backup, you may want to look into other
solutions.

Me, I use an external usb 2 drive, unplugged when not in use, plus rsync
to actually copy the data.  Every backup solution has pros and cons;
this seems to be the best compromise for me.

--
monique
Please respond to the group OR to my email, but not both.  (Group preferred.)