Re: Web-based e-mail system?

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 15:49, Aaron wrote:
> Hey, Debian users!
>
> I currently use a fetchmail / procmail / mbox / mutt e-mail setup,
> with ssmtp (properly linked through `sendmail` of course) for
> sending. I would really like to have a web mail system set up so that
> I can at least read, if not send, e-mail from my website as well.
>
> Does anyone know of a package that can put mbox mail on the web? It
> sounds kind of silly, given the inefficiency of mbox, so I'm not
> holding high hopes, but if anyone has info. about it, that'd be
> great.

I installed Nikosoft's webmail:
http://www.nikosoft.net/nswm/
The installation with only reading capabilities only took me a few
minutes. My requirements was a different from yours, however, I wanted
a system that could use APOP, but I would guess it wouldn't be hard to
set it up to read an mbox, but I don't know that.

Sending is a bit harder, I haven't bothered to do that yet, but i
probably will some day.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--