Re: Web-based e-mail system?

Aaron wrote:
Hey, Debian users!

I currently use a fetchmail / procmail / mbox / mutt e-mail setup,
with ssmtp (properly linked through `sendmail` of course) for sending.
I would really like to have a web mail system set up so that I can at
least read, if not send, e-mail from my website as well.

Does anyone know of a package that can put mbox mail on the web? It
sounds kind of silly, given the inefficiency of mbox, so I'm not
holding high hopes, but if anyone has info. about it, that'd be great.

In the lab that I admin at school we use Horde for about 10 users.  I
also setup IMAP, which wasn't too hard.  The university uses it also
(running on a Big Iron(tm) Solaris server to give webmail/imap access to about 40,000 users.

I think it is quite robust.

-Roberto