Re: Still BIG problems with XFree on Dell C400

* Matthias Hentges
> There is nothing wrong to see here. Please post the complete log.
> Or try starting X manually:
>
> $ X
> $ export DISPLAY=:0
> $ xterm
>
> If you have a working X with a xterm running now, there is probably a
> problem with your windowmanager (KDE, Gnome?) or Displaymanager (GDM,
> XDM, KDM etc.)

Aww.  Thanks.  It somewhat worked.  Ok, then I am closer.  No mouse,
but the screen came up.  No xterm was there, I just have to install
one.

Need a displaymanager and a windowmanager I guess.  (Haven't got
acquainted with Debian yet.)

--
Jon Haugsand
  Dept. of Informatics, Univ. of Oslo, Norway, mailto:jonhaug@ifi.uio.no