Re: wine

* Peter Fraser <rosettafraser@hotmail.com> [031007 12:44]:
> Hi I'm a freebsd user but decided to try woody at the suggestion of a
> friend.  It's great also. I got most things to work the first time.

Welcome.

> I have a question though. I installed wine

Did you install a .deb package or did you build it yourself?

> and when I tried to install a windows program it gave me the
> following error. "Wine cannot find the Freetype font library. To
> enable Wine to use freetype fonts please install a version of
> Freetype greater than or equal to 2.0.5. I tried running apt-get
> update and apt-get install freetype. But this did not work

What do you mean; "did not work"?

Do you mean there was no package called "freetype", or that wine still
gives the error message.

> What else can I do ? Thanks for your help.

The following will list the relevant available packages

apt-cache search freetype

I suspect you need to install the freetype2 package.

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.6.0-test3-looxt93c3 i686 GNU/Linux