Re: ppp daemon WORKING!!!!

WOW thanks for taking me under your "wing". I'm actually online, here,
courtsey of, ta da, DEBIAN! I looked in /etc/ after doing touch
/etc/resolv.conf and the file had a "?" on it I though that was a bad
sign however once I connected it changed (no "?" on the file now) I also
have 22, yes twenty-two files, in /etc, named resolv.conf.ppp.temp with
4 digit numbers after the "temp". Should I delete these? Thank You very
Much! JY

Quoting Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk>:

> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 10:01:41AM -0800, J Y wrote:
> > I looked in the file /etc/resolv.conf and there was nothing in it.
> > That's what ls -l gives too.
> > deblnx:~# ls -l /etc/resolv.conf
> > total 0
> > deblnx:~#
>
> /etc/resolv.conf is a *directory*? How extremely peculiar. It's
> supposed to be a file. Make it so:
>
> rmdir /etc/resolv.conf
> touch /etc/resolv.conf
>
> ...should - IIUC - get you going. You should now find that 0dns-up
> returns exit status 0, then you can remove all the 'extra' 'exit 0'
> lines from earlier on from the other scripts and I think you'll find
> it's all OK now.
>
> --
> Pigeon
>
> Be kind to pigeons
> Get my GPG key here:
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=> 0x21C61F7F

***Protect your PC from local E-Mail Application security holes***
***Maintain your Privacy - MS Passport Free***
***Anti SPAM "Whitelist" feature***

http://www.x-mail.net Web Based E-Mail, accessible anywhere

Voice Messages, Voice Calls (VoIP), Video Conferencing, Live Chat,
X-Mail Messenger, Personal Web Hosting, 128 bit SSL Secure,
Calendar, Bookmarks, Forwarding, Virtual Mail Map Aliasing

X-Mail Premium: 20MB Messages, 100MB Storage, SMTP, POP3, Ad Free
Anonymous Web Surfing http://www.snoopblocker.com
Search http://www.teradex.com