Re: Changing system/menu fonts in gnome 2.2 debian

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 15:53, Ben Edwards wrote:
> Have been trying to change the size of application menue and text box
> fonts for a while now.  i have a 21" monior and the Address/URL bar and
> drop down menus in mozilla are tiny.  This is also the case in other
> apps.  I am sure there is a system wide setting somewhere but cant work
> it out.

afaik there is no global option.
For gnome there is gnome-control-center.
I believe kde has something similar.
There is some obscure method of changing such option for athena (forgot
how its called), probably in Xresources. Don't know if this would work
for other toolkits (there was a time when I kept seeing instruction for
doing all sorts of obscenities with netscape and xterm this way).

> Ben
> --
> * Ben Edwards           Tel +44 (0)1179 553 551  ICQ 42000477  *
> * Homepage - nothing of interest here   http://gurtlush.org.uk *
> * Webhosting for the masses         http://www.serverone.co.uk *
> * Critical Site Builder    http://www.criticaldistribution.com *
> * online collaborative web authoring content management system *
> * Get alt news/views films online   http://www.cultureshop.org *
> * i-Contact Progressive Video      http://www.videonetwork.org *
> * Fun corporate graphics             http://www.subvertise.org *
> * Bristol Indymedia               http://bristol.indymedia.org *