Re: pam_mkhomedir

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 07:21:17PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2003.10.06.1833 +0200]:
> > sshd currently runs PAM session modules as the authenticated user, not
> > as root. (I think 3.7 changes this.)
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > Is this a known problem?
> >
> > Yes, very much so.
>
> But am I reading you right: sshd 3.7 may change that?

I *think* so. I haven't yet had time to fix the *other* PAM session bug
it introduces (empty conversation function) so that I can check it over
properly, though, so please don't take my word as gospel.

A quick search on ssh's bug page reveals #150968. Its title includes
"pam_mkhomedir", so it should've been easy to find.

Cheers,