RE: Mouse no longer working after kernel upgrade

I installed gpm to get the mouse working in console.  It still didn't work.
At all.
I changed the default kernel to the old one in LILO and I am working fine
now.
I had to remove gpm because it was not playing nice with X.
I have changed my default distro to 'unstable' and run a dist-upgrade.  The
kernel seems to be 2.2.20-compact.
The mouse is working normally with this kernel.

-Jason