Re: Debian-based distros ??

Hall Stevenson wrote:
I sent this before I actually started *reading* Knoppix's page... :-) I guess I was thinking of Libranet instead, not Knoppix, espcially being that it normally runs off of a CD. I sure don't want that.

indeed it runs off of a CD - nevertheless you can copy it to your hd using the command knx-hdinstall. This is a nice script that will ask for some information (where to copy the files to, partitioning, root-pass etc.)

my installation is based on Knoppix right now because last time I tried woody i had problems installing it at the far end of my 80GigHD. At the moment I am pretty happy with Knoppix because installing it was almost a matter of seconds and it works pretty fine so far!