Re: Debian-based distros ??

At 11:49 AM 10/6/2003, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> So, would people suggest sticking with "pure" Debian or possibly going with
> a Debian-based distro ?? If an off-shoot, which one ?? I'm looking at
> Knoppix's site right now...

Knoppix aims to produce a bootable, runnable, fairly complete desktop
system.  It succeeds relatively well at this.  Installing to HD is
possible, but the mix of stable, unstable, testing, and other sources is
somewhat ungodly.

I sent this before I actually started *reading* Knoppix's page... :-) I guess I was thinking of Libranet instead, not Knoppix, espcially being that it normally runs off of a CD. I sure don't want that.

Hall