Re: FW: Xv video driver expires after xfree86 upgrade

On Monday 06 October 2003 18:18, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Is it a laptop?  I had a problem with my laptop where if the X server
> was started while I had video output going to an external monitor Xv
> playback would bluescreen.  If I started the X server with video to the
> builtin LCD it worked fine (even if I later plugged in the external
> monitor and redirected the video output).

Not a laptop. PIII Dell Optiplex GX10 desktop with normal 15" CRT monitor.
I get bluescreen in the video output window only (not the whole screen)
irrespective of whether I use mplayer or xine.

Thanks and regards,
--
Alphonse Ogulla
Nairobi, Kenya