Re: Anti-Spam ideas for usenet/list harvested email addresses

on Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 01:29:06AM -0700, Paul Johnson (baloo@ursine.ca) wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 04:43:00PM -0300, Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:

> > Make the list server PGP-sign the messages, maybe? You install the
> > list server key once, and never worry about it again?
>
> That's self-defeating for PGP.  All PGP does is encryption and
> verification of identity.  Last I checked, murphy can't make it to
> keysigning parties.

If the spam scanning on murphy is sufficiently good, and the
listmaster's keys are both well-signed and used to sign murphey, you
might have cause to allow mail from the list to be passed as reliably
scanned, and trusted on the basis of your own GPG WoT.

Not entirely useless.  Useful in its own context.

Peace.

    Reject EU Software Patents!                         http://swpat.ffii.org/