Re: huge amount of unsed kernel modules.

begin Paul William quote from Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 01:02:04PM +1200
> Hi,
>
> I installed the 2.4.22-1-k7 kernel image. I had the 2.4bf kernel and now
> I find that a huge amount of kernel modules are bing loaded. I
> understand that the new kernel probably has more things compiled as
> modules than the 2.4bf but there are heaps of modules that are unused.
>
> /etc/modules:
>
> af_packet
> 8139too
> #sound
> es1371
> apm
> ide-scsi

Run "rmmod -a" to remove them.  Not sure why they're loaded to begin
with, though.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:  SCUD missile Leitrim fraud Dateline LLNL STARLAN FBI Qaddafi