Re: KDE+Kmail

Hello

Frederico Rodrigues Abraham (<devotion@terra.com.br>) wrote:

>      I tried to uninstall exim, which led me to a question... why does
> KDE depend on KMail? Isnt KDE a Desktop Environment and KMail a mail
> client/service?

KMail is the KDE email client. The KDE desktop itself does not depend on
kmail. The kde package that depends on kmail is not KDE itself, it is
empty. The only purpose of the kde package is to depend on many common
KDE packages like konqueror, kmail, kdebase and so on, so that upon
installing, you can simply install the kde package instead on having to
select all the packages on your own. However, after installing KDE you
can safeley remove the kde package because it is not needed to run KDE
- it is only there to make installing kde more convenient.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen