Re: Microsoft-Fonts

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Roberto Sanchez wrote:

> Uwe Dippel wrote:
> > There are those collections of Microsoft-Fonts around. Do we have a
> > package in Debian ? I tried apt-cache, but no success.$
> >
> > Uwe
> >
> Make sure you have included the contrib repositories and:
>
> apt-get install msttcorefonts
>
> The installer will ask you have the fonts archive locally on your sysem
> (which yoo do not) and then go out to the net and get them if you don't.
>   Then it will extract and install the fonts for you.
>
> -Roberto

Hi Roberto,
I've tried to install various fonts including the msttcorefonts.Problem
is, I dont know how to verify that they are installed properly
There seems to be gnome font stuff, X fonts stuff, deforma font stuff and
I dont know how to check which font stuff is related to application XYZ.
Any hints appreciated.
-Kev