Re: mailing list

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 09:25:58PM +0100, Richard Kimber wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 11:57:28 +1000
> Pascal Hakim <pasc@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > pasc@murphy:/var/list/bounce-stuff/logs$ grep rkimber@ntlworld.com
> > *2003-09* verphandler-2003-09-28.log:A:rkimber@ntlworld.com has hit the
> > breakpoint, marking for removal
> > verphandler-2003-09-28.log:A:rkimber@ntlworld.com has hit the
> > breakpoint, marking for removal
> > verphandler-2003-09-28.log:A:rkimber@ntlworld.com has hit the
> > breakpoint, marking for removal
> > verphandler-2003-09-28.log:A:rkimber@ntlworld.com has hit the
> > breakpoint, marking for removal
> > verphandler-2003-09-28.log:A:rkimber@ntlworld.com has hit the
> > breakpoint, marking for removal
> >
> > You bounced too many emails, and got removed from the list. It
> > sends you a message when you get removed, so if you didn't get
> > that either, your mailbox was probably full.
>
> My mail box has never been full. It is emptied very frequently.  (And my
> ISP sends a message when it's 75% full and I never got that).  I can only
> suspect my ISP had a problem and wrongly bounced messages.

Dunno if this is relevant, as I'd have thought you'd have found out by
now, but...

I have a friend with an ntlworld account. For a long time NTL were
forwarding a copy of every email sent to him to his address with his
previous ISP, which no longer exists. So every mail sent to him was
delivered correctly to his new account, but also generated a bounce
message from his old account. I told him, and told NTL, but it still
kept happening for months.

As an experiment, I'll CC you on this message, to see if the direct
copy generates any sort of bounce. Hope you don't mind!

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons