Re: cd ripping

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 10:36:56PM +0100, Antony Gelberg wrote:

> Sorry, I was a bit tired when I wrote my original email.  grip does
> indeed rip with cdparanoia and the errors I described do come from that
> process.  Does that help at all?

I think your CD drive cannot read the CD, but I can't tell why.

Is it a whole CD that can't be read or only a track?
Does the error happen every time with certain CDs, or randomly?
Do you notice anything special about these CDs (copy protected, self
burned, visibly damaged, ...)?
Can you play these CDs with e. g. xmms, or in a music CD player?
Have you tried with another drive (e. g. CD burner), or with a friend's
computer?
--
Joachim Fahnenmüller
Lehrer für Mathematik und Physik