Re: Changing system/menu fonts in gnome 2.2 debian

On Sun, 2003-10-05 at 15:53, Ben Edwards wrote:
> Have been trying to change the size of application menue and text box
> fonts for a while now.  i have a 21" monior and the Address/URL bar and
> drop down menus in mozilla are tiny.  This is also the case in other
> apps.  I am sure there is a system wide setting somewhere but cant work
> it out.

Hi Ben,

	what helped me most in a similar situation was changing
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4, Section "Monitor", by adding DisplaySize
which gives your monitor size in milimeters. X11 then adjusts your
fonts to a readable size, after a restart.

Sincerely,

Jan.