Re: Mplayer eating all CPU

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 05:18:12PM +1300, Paul William wrote:
> you could use the nice command which alters priority of programs your
> run. do a man nice to find out more.

Oh, I see I posted this same question in September.

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  Mplayer is *hanging* eating all CPU.  I click on
the media in Mozilla, I see a bit of network traffic.  The network
traffic stops and then the mplayer uses 99% CPU and nothing happens --
it will just sit there forever.

I just want to see if anyone else see the same thing to decide if it's
my setup or mplayer.

Also, I'm using the mplayer plugin for mozilla, so I'd like to figure
out if that's related or if it's just mplayer.  It seems to be <embed>
movies that cause the problem.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org